Each of you is challenged to shoot 10,000 shots this summer and fall. Use the attached spreadsheet to record all of your workouts. In order to become a member of the 10,000 shot club, you must shoot a minimum of 10,000 shots over the months of June through October recording the number of shots attempted . During your workouts, make sure to set aside time working specifically on shooting, focusing all your energy on that specific skill. Here are some tips to help you achieve your goal of improving shooting and attaining the 10,000 shots this summer:
1. Establish a specific practice time to work on achieving your goals.
2. Write down your long range and daily goals.
3. Plan a sequence that is logical and possible. For example, the basketball season has its first game in November and the last regular season game late February.
4. You must think about reaching your goal each and every workout. When specifically working on shooting, use the following tips to help improve your shooting.
* Work to develop the basic shooting fundamentals.
* Start shooting in close to the basket and then progressively move out.
* Use shots that you will take in a game.
* Shoot off of movement.
* Develop a routine that combines a variety of shots.
* Use fakes and drives when shooting.
* Follow all shots. NEVER let the ball bounce twice.
* GO FULL SPEED – no casual shooting.
* Shoot from a variety of spots.
* Practice shots after you are tired. Tiger Pride
* Incorporate free throws into you shooting.
* Have the right mind set when practicing.
* SHOOT WITH CONFIDENCE, CONCENTRATION & RELAXATION.
* YOU HAVE TO BELIEVE THAT EVERY SHOT YOU TAKE IS GOING IN – HAVE THE SHOOTER’S MENTALITY!
Use the attached spreadsheet to keep track of your shots and turn into Coach Keller by November 1. All individuals who reach 10,000 shots or more will be recognized at the first varsity girls’ home basketball game. The reason there are so many ‘average’ teams and ‘average’ people in the world is because being ‘average’ is easy. Choosing the more difficult path that requires more time, sacrifice and effort always makes what you really want that much more satisfying to get.